2.27.2021

Mannequin Pussy Cover Rilo Kiley's "The Execution Of All Things," 'No Bad Words For The Coast Today: The Execution Of All Things Covers Comp' Out 11/6


Today, Mannequin Pussy release their cover of Rilo Kiley's "The Execution Of All Things," as part of No Bad Words For The Coast Today: The Execution Of All Things Covers Comp, out November 6th. AV Club premiered the band's take on the title track, providing an exclusive statement from the band:

"Rilo Kiley is the band where I can confidently say that they are simultaneously one of my favorites but they also give me musical amnesia. By that, I mean I can obsessively listen to their discography for months and then – as though someone placed a curse on me – I forget they exist. This curse is really a gift because when I remember how much I love them, it’s like discovering them again for the first time, that sense of wonder for the songs never goes away – no matter how many times I’ve gone through their albums. I’m awestruck by Jenny’s gift for prose and poetry and her expressive voice, Blake’s tremendous capacity to create “noodly” riffs that never sound cheesy but that always perfectly complement and elevate every song. Listening to this band you can sense the collaboration. Collaboration between talented people can create magic and that’s what they are to me – musical magic." — Marisa Dabice, Mannequin Pussy

From now through November 6th, all of the album's proceeds will be donated to G.L.I.T.S.,a NYC-based non-profit, social justice, advocacy and service organization addressing the health and rights crises faced by transgender sex workers. Pre-order the compilation via Bandcamp (exclusive) today, and receive a download of Sad13's "Paint's Peeling" and Mannequin Pussy's "The Execution Of All Things."

No Bad Words For The Coast Today: The Execution Of All Things Covers Comp is a covers compilation celebrating Rilo Kiley's seminal 2002 album. After the band recently announced the re-issue of their self-titled debut EP, journalist and superfan Tatiana Tenreyro enlisted various artists who have been influenced by Rilo Kiley to create their own rendition of one of the album's tracks for the compilation and anniversary.

No Bad Words For The Coast Today features Sad13, Mannequin Pussy, Diet Cig, Adult Mom, Lisa Prank, Anika Pyle, Eric Slick, Gladie (former Cayetana lead Augusta Koch's new band), Dump Him, Verdigrls, Gay Meat (Museum Mouth lead Karl Kuehn's solo project), Riverby, Sailor Boyfriend and Aftercrush.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What you looking for?